VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Billing weekender.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delmastiff wrote:
These are some of the guys from VX Pirates. Looks like they had a good Billing!!

Yep they do....

Take note of the amount of females there are, and the organisation with fancy dress....trust me it's relational...laughing

Now they look like a club doncha agree?

Can we do this guys? Obviously a different theme.

matt
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the MK1 Muppets and we all go as a character from the muppets. big grin

Please can I be

Beaker laughing

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals and Avoid Disappointment
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Prostitutes and pimps would be good for our club....laughing
Phat Stan
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon you'd look crackin' dresssd as a pro, Jay laughing laughing laughing laughing
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the legs for it don't I? laughing laughing

I've certainly got the tits... eek

matt
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VBOA Billing Report for youe enjoyment

Quote:
VBOA Matters- 2006 National Rally at Billing

With the clubs telling us that the changes and improvements introduced in 2005 had added to their enjoyment of the weekend, John Ankerman and the VBOA team approached the 2006 event with a view to providing more of the same, only better. One piece of good fortune enjoyed in 2005 was brilliant weather, but in the days running up to this year’s event the forecasters were less optimistic. As it turned out they had good reason with what appeared to be a mini-hurricane visiting the site overnight on Saturday, damaging tents, trees and, unfortunately, a few vehicles. But let me start at the beginning.

The site set-up out team arrived on Thursday in steady rain which fortunately petered out as the day progressed so the white lining could proceed as planned. Once more the assistance of Mike Booth and his professional skills proved invaluable and the task was completed in record time with commendably straight lines and circular circles. Autojumblers were already setting up shop and John was busy allocating a full complement of pitches. It was good to see most of the regulars returning plus a significant number of new faces with new products and ideas. The “official photographer” was one such who John had recruited from the Vauxhall Performance Day at Santa Pod and was to prove very popular at Billing too, judging by the queues at his stall to buy pictures and mugs.

On Friday the field started to fill with club members and set-up teams and it was immediately obvious that many clubs had determined to regulate their stands to produce a more visitor friendly lay-out. The separation of tents and cars also took a bit step forward with, in my view, a hugely enhanced look to the entire rally. Its always difficult to name names but as I walked around I noticed that the Cresta Club had taped out areas by vehicle age, Club Calibra had settled into their, by now, familiar semi-circular display, MIG and the Sports Car Club both went to huge efforts to bring order and information to their massive displays, a circle of beautiful Opel GTs attracted the eye, the Vectra Owner’s Club had a nice layout and some smart new flags and bunting, COG was putting the cars up front, the Mark 2 Cavaliers were well set up (and promising surprises to come to celebrate the twenty fifth anniversary of the model) and the Autobahnstormers assembled as usual behind their welcome gateway. We also welcomed five clubs for the first time, the Mark 1 Astra Owners Club, the Vauxhall Owners Network, the Astra Owners Club, the Astra Mark 3 Owners Club and the Viva Outlaws.

Also arriving were elements of the 2006 special VBOA display. Re-located at the bottom of the arena it was sub-titled “back to the future” as we had assembled a variety of concept cars, prototypes and other significant one-offs. From Adam Opel in Germany came the impressive black RAK 2 rocket car with its immense negative lift wings. Not that negative, however, as driver Fritz von Opel had found out at 140mph at the Avus circuit in Berlin in 1928 when things started to get out of hand. The lack of a windscreen can’t have helped! They also brought the exquisite little ECO-Speedster diesel record car with gull wing doors and drag factor of just 0.2. This had set 17 International 24 hour endurance records for small diesel powered cars and was capable of 164mph and 94 mpg, but not at the same time. Other stars were the VX Lighting roadster built for the Vauxhall centenary celebrations in 2003, the remarkably modern looking 1966 XVR concept car, a trio of Wayne Cherry concepts; Silver Aero, Silver Bullet and Black Magic and two vehicles which once had Royal owners. The first of these was an electric Bedford CF van which had been converted to a “people carrier” for Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh for him to use in London. He used it for six years, despite which it only had 4000 miles on the clock, unless of course the Royal clockmakers had been at it. The second was a unique Viceroy estate made for and used for years by the Queen. Now in private hands, owner Graham Rolls had worked weekends and nights to get the car finished for Billing and very handsome it looked too in its Balmoral Green livery of the Royal Family. With a rocket car standing between an electric van and a diesel record car it struck me that a further sub-title for this display could have been “from the sublime to the ridiculous”.

Joining the special display area was Andrew Duerden, the Vauxhall Heritage centre archivist who had assembled a photo and film display of some of the odder Vauxhalls through the ages. Also in this area we welcomed CCC Insurance once again as event sponsors and introduced the concept of a VBOA headquarters by using a caravan which doubled as the sound van. This was “VBOAised” by the addition of our flags and banners and acted as an effective focus for the show. The caravan was finished in what my wife calls “Atco green” and on parking my identically coloured Hurlingham beside it on Saturday it looked like I had towed the van to the show!

It was all looking good, very good in fact and the weather forecast was promising for Saturday but with hints of rain overnight and stronger winds. Indeed Saturday was a bright day and under the new format adopted in 2005 was dedicated to club activities. Several parties and barbecues took place on Saturday evening with the Manta Club bringing in a portable lighting gantry and the Mark 2 Cavaliers unveiling their secret weapon, a barbecue made out of the front of a Mark 2 complete with working headlights!

Later in the night the winds came and John Ankerman had a very tough night, having to move six of the cars in the special display just before one of the big display tents came down and then coping with several errant club tents and gazebos. Fortunately John’s skills allowed him to break into several cars and override immobiliser systems to get them out of harms way. In the event little damage was done to machinery although it was disappointing to hear that one of our visitors from Belgium had his show quality car scratched by a flying tent.

Sunday morning dawned grey and wet and with strong winds still making life difficult. For safety reasons it was decided to drop the other big display tent and the special display was re-grouped. The weather gradually improved although the wind remained a factor all day. By the time the Cresta Club took to the arena at 10.00 am to kick off the day’s activities, the rain had stopped and the site had been tidied up so the show could go on as if nothing had happened. One step backwards this year had been forced on us by the new owners of Billing Aquadrome. They restricted the public address system to the arena area only. That was OK for the club parades but it meant we had to rely on timetables and good club timekeeping to run the day as many clubs were well out of range of the PA system. Despite that, we rattled through a record 12 clubs in the ring and by 1.15pm were seeing the first of the Chairman’s Cup entrants enter the ring. 16 cars eventually faced the public and the “popular voting” process started at 1.30pm for an hour. Now in bright sunshine the cars were a credit to their clubs and owners and voting was brisk. At 3.00pm the winner of the Chairman’s Cup for best car in show was announced as David Franczak with his awesome Lotus Carlton.

For 2006 it had been decided to add new awards to the event, so it was great to be able to recognise the car beaten into second place by just one vote, the stunning Calibra of Steven Armstrong which was awarded the new Victor Cup for best modified car. Donated by VBOA Treasurer Anne Norris, the Treasurer’s Trophy went to the best unmodified post 1976 car, the pretty little Nova convertible of Sarah Stewart. Finally, the Griffin Trophy, donated by the Vauxhall Owners Club (1903-1957) went to the lovely Opel GT of Carl Borgia as best unmodified pre-1967 category, again by a margin of just one vote from a Firenza SL from the Viva Owners Club and the stately 1928 20-60 of John Mullen from the VOC.

Then it was time for the raffle draw which Anne had reorganised this year to speed things up a bit. The selling process had also been improved to huge effect as we raised £1367 versus last years £698. That was made possible by the extremely generous donations of prizes from autojumblers, Vauxhall, CCC, clubs and many others. Many thanks to you all and its safe to say there were a lot of happy winners at the end of the day, particularly the two guys who won the tickets to join VX Racing at Brands Hatch in September to see the British touring car Championship races. Anne was also chuffed to win the Irmscher umbrella which she had been coveting since collecting it from their pitch on Saturday.

It always amazes me how quickly the 1500 or so cars disappear at the end of a Billing weekend. Perhaps the imminent World Cup Final helped, but it seemed the field was empty within minutes as the tear down and transport crews moved in to remove the tents and display vehicles. John Ankerman for one was pleased to get to the end of a fraught weekend. This is now becoming a very big event indeed and with more clubs queuing to join the VBOA its set to get even bigger. Health and Safety issues alone will dictate that the job of running a show like the VBOA National Rally will get even more complex. John deserves our heartfelt thanks for coping again this year, but more help will be required next year if we are to continue to improve the already high standards.

Early photographs taken by me on the Saturday and some “borrowed” from club websites are already on the gallery section of the VBOA website at www.vboa.org.uk. More will be going on as they are received over the next few days.

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals and Avoid Disappointment
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Phat Stan
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
I have the legs for it don't I? laughing laughing

I've certainly got the tits... eek

fanny-face.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.99 KB
 Viewed:  2820 Time(s)

fanny-face.jpg

Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How odd....laughing

I don't think we'd all be allowed to dress up as genitailia to be honest..

Phat Stan
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
How odd....laughing

I don't think we'd all be allowed to dress up as genitailia to be honest..

Maybe this is more to your liking

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

big cock.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.47 KB
 Viewed:  2811 Time(s)

big cock.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: