VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh Reply with quote

rite my MOT is booked 2morro,but ive got no foglamps,wipers,washer jets,horn,steering wheel,seat, Shocked

for some fooking reason im blowing the fuse top row,5th from the left...now im assuming its the one for the the wipers,but even when i stick a 30amp fuse in,as soon as the ignitions turned....POP,thefooker blows mad mad mad mad

well atleast she is on her own 4 wheels,starts and stops....well after rolling 6inches laughing , can anyone shed some light????

and how the f#@k do u get the steering wheel back on....piece a piss job i expect,but im fooked and cant get my head round it laughing laughing laughing laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparko
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, steering wheel lol?

just bolt it on dont ya???

as for wipers... not sure pal, chuck a bigger fuse in and hope? check earths over and over??

front fogs? whip em off? if they arent there they cant b tested...

washers... they got water lol?

seats? deck chair and cable ties

no probs chap. i work best at night. just get it done, mot it then sleep. sorted

Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blows biggest fuse,all earths are fine,yup theres water in the bottle.....jets wont work as on same circuit as wipers.
fogs,are the rear foglamps...needed for test
seat,is a 2min job
steering wheel is a c$*t,how the f#@k u do it is beyond me....sayin that at the mo,even typing this is beyond me laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparko
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the f#@k lol the steerin wheel even i can handle! are you sure you have all the bits? its it a standard steerin wheel ? gte wheen on a small block rack? im sure that would be diferent, hmmm wiring is a c*nt and i hate it so i cant help chap. il hold your mot tester at gun point till he waits for you to fix it tho big grin

say the word chap big grin

Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu,took the astra for a MOT yesterday and it failed on a sticky front of side caliper!! Sad
stripped in down cleaned it and took it back and he said it was worse than before d'oh!
sean
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, make sure the steering colum shaft is pulled right out. they sometimes push in & you cant get the wheel on. grab the end with mole grips or summat & pull towards you
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,ive had to give my slot up due to just getting home now....the job i had today should have taken 2hrs max...ended up taking 6 mad mad

im gonna give the moleys ago in a mo once ive had a refreshing brew big grin big grin

THEN,ive gotta find whats blowing my fuse on the wiper circuit frown
BenW
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, for the fuse, check the wiring isn't shorting on the clutch cable. Long shot perhaps but had the same trouble once.

Good luck smile

Skoda Octavia vRS
Opel Kadett GTE
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well 3 1/2 hrs later,ive got my steering wheel on,moved her outta the garage and got the arse end up in the air to do the handbrake cable......still aint done,theres way 2much slack up by the adjuster, so gonna have a think whilst im getting the kids ready for bed.

haynes manual is as much use as a used johnny mad
rip
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu.mk1astramad wrote:

haynes manual is as much use as a used johnny mad

I know what you mean.

It does often miss vital pieces of information. & the pics are often so close-up that you can't see where they have been taken from.

& there is no mention of changing the gearbox oil. Fresh oil here makes a big difference to the feel of the gearchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: